Thursday, March 18, 2010

My assignment


So, in a given month I probably do the dishes about 90 times, I do approximately 24 loads of laundry, scrub toilets 12 times, clean up about 200 messes, cook about 80 meals, make my bed 30 times and the list goes on and on. So why did I go spend $40,000 at USC for my Master's degree? I had an interesting conversation with someone not too long ago. He said to me "that must be weird to sit at home on a Master's degree". WHAT? Who sits? The funniest part of this job as a MOM is that it fulfills me. Let me say that again! It fulfills me! I never had the sense of satisfaction in my work as a social worker, as I do as a mom. How funny that the world tells us that we have to have careers, money, fame, excitement and recognition to be happy, when I have found the opposite to be true. Who recognizes when I scrub the toilet? No one cares if I wiped a runny nose, or cooked a decent meal. But, what I have found is that if you are doing what God has called you to do, you have satisfaction and peace. In Colossians it says "whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance". So, I guess someone does care that I scrub toilets and cook meals! HE sees all that I do!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of your girls! :)
    God bless you!
    Blessings in Christ,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't agree more with what you write, I to feel satisfaction being at home with my girls, despite the matsters degree. You do a great job of reminding me about God in all that we do. I'm really enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete