Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Humble pie


So, of course these things always happen on a day when I need to get out the door early! Why is it that some days I can ask Sheridan to do something ONCE and she does it, but other days she seems deaf? So, I was frustrated this morning because I needed to leave by 8:45am, and both girls were dawdling. They weren't dressed, no beds were made etc... So, I of course become the tornado that roars around the house reprimanding them. I get going and watch out! By the time we actually left the house, both girls were in tears. I felt bad......to say the least. Of course, the Lord chose this exact moment to remind me of a verse........"in so much as it is up to you, be at peace with all men". It occurred to me that this also includes my children! This is where humble pie comes in, cause I had a huge piece this morning! How many times can I apologize to my kids? I sometimes feel so hypocritical because I apologize, then get angry again at some future point, and have to apologize AGAIN! What are they thinking? I am so glad that when I have to eat humble pie, the Lord still forgives ME and I can move forward knowing I have a clean slate, at least with the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I so know what you mean. It seems like I can fly into tornado mode really fast lately and I do not like who I am at that moment. Thanks for reminding me of God's grace and how I need to extend it to my children and husband.

    ReplyDelete