Sunday, March 14, 2010

An ear to hear

Today I started listening. To what? I found that as I listened to the sounds around me at home today, I found encouragement there! Some of the sounds I heard were....the girls laughing hysterically when Michael blew up a balloon and then let it go to fly around the room, the girls saying "do it again Daddy!", Sheridan saying "sorry doogie" to Jordan without me asking her, the girls singing songs about Jesus in the car on the way to church, both girls excitement about a simple dessert, Jordan's little voice telling me "I love you mommy", and the sound of my husband encouraging my girls with small compliments. How often have I listened? What have I missed by not listening? I guess it is the same with God. What have I missed by not listening to his voice? I sure do talk a lot, but do I listen enough? My guess is that I have missed a ton by not being still and knowing that HE is God. I'm not good at being still. Being still. Listening. Hearing. Thinking. Growing.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason this really hit me. This was very powerful as I knowwww I have lots to say but really need to wk on listening! Ur an amazing and touching writer hon. Ty for the powerful messages. U prob. just wrote ur thoughts but prob. did not know how deeply it touches peoples hearts. I just stumbled across this and am glad I did because it has really ministered to me and I thank u for that. I am glad I found u again!

    ReplyDelete