Thursday, March 25, 2010

A dose of reality


I am so tired! Long days recently, today started "work" at 6am and finally had both girls in bed at 8pm. Even during their naps, I cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more! I was feeling very self righteous indeed! Then, I started considering my hubby. He works two jobs to allow me to stay home with my girls. He gets up at 5:30am, gets home after 4pm and then two nights a week he leaves again by 6pm and gets home after 10pm. He is exhausted. He is on overload. Yet he is still patient with the girls, still has kind words for all of us, and he NEVER complains. It reminds me of Mark 10:45 "for even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many." What a lesson! Next time I want to complain, I need to remember my self sacrificing hubby, and the fact that even Jesus washed the feet of the disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment