Sunday, March 7, 2010

Compare and despair!


So, today I was taking Jordan to the doctor and I was playing Christian music in the car. I had to smile as I heard her singing "I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul"! Hearing that made me start thinking about how I have such hopes for my girls, especially in the area of them coming to know and love Christ. I have really been struggling lately with comparing myself to other moms. When I do this, I always come up short! "She is better at being creative with her kids" "She is better at instilling Christian principals into her kids" "She is better at disciplining".......these are the thoughts that torture me. But, a kind friend reminded me recently that the only standard I have to live up to is written in Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control; against such things there is no law." But how do I get my girls there??? Daily I struggle with "am I good enough?", "how can I do this?". Then I remember Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." What a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment